Cheap flights from Bangkok to Koh Samui | Skyscanner Australia
Top last minute flight deals
- Sun 15 DecBKKUSMMon 23 DecUSMBKKBangkok AirwaysIndirectfrom $216
- Sun 15 DecBKKUSMMon 23 DecUSMBKKBangkok Airways + Thai AirwaysIndirectfrom $219
- Tue 17 DecBKKUSMSun 22 DecUSMBKKBangkok AirwaysIndirectfrom $309
Flight information Bangkok Suvarnabhumi to Koh Samui / Samui Island
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 466 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Koh Samui / Samui Island
Explore Surat Thani Province
Frequently asked questions
Direct flights from Bangkok to Koh Samui
Both Bangkok Airways and Thai Airways operate frequent daily flights to Koh Samui from Bangkok, as this is one of Thailand’s most popular destinations. Though flights are competitive, you can save a lot of money simply by using the price alert tool on our website that is designed to notify you when there are changes in price along this route.
Bangkok Airports (BKKT) information
• Bangkok city has two airports, but only the Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) operates regular flights to Koh Samui. This airport is a primary hub for many airlines and flights in South East Asia, so you’ll find the amenities here are excellent. Free WiFi is provided, as well as cash machines, currency exchange services, a spa, a medical clinic, a large range of shops and restaurants, information desks, and public telephones.
• The airport is made up of one large terminal, which you can transit end to end on foot.
• If you are not a Thai national we recommend that you carry your passport on this domestic route.
• An hour is all you should need for a comfortable check in for a domestic flight service.
Samui International Airport (USM) information
• Samui International Airport (USM) is the only airport serving flights into Koh Samui, and is often considered to be one of the loveliest airports in the world. With an open and pretty terminal that incorporates a garden, an outdoor shopping mall, and free WiFi.
• This airport has one main terminal and all flights depart from here.
Time difference from Bangkok to Koh Samui
• Koh Samui benefits from typical Thai weather, which is warm and tropical and usually sitting at 28°C. The best time to visit this island is between mid-January and April when the island is at its driest.
Expect to pay
• Thai Baht (THB).
• In general prices are lower on Koh Samui, but meals at restaurants cost a little more than in the big city.
• Start your morning on the island with a cappuccino for 75THB ($3.00).
Transportation to city centre
• Taxis from the airport can cost from 500-1500THB ($20-60) depending on where on the island you want to go. Utilise our airport transfer search tools to find cheaper transportation to your accommodation.
• Car hire is also available, but it is far easier to organise this in advance by booking your car hire online.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of May 2017
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.