Cheap flights from Adelaide to Hong Kong International
Flight information Adelaide to Hong Kong International
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 6884 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Hong Kong International
Direct flights from Adelaide to Hong Kong
You will find that a direct flight leaves from Adelaide to Hong Kong a few times a week, operated by the airline Cathay Pacific.
Find the cheapest flights
Cathay Pacific is the only airline that flies directly from Adelaide to Hong Kong, but there are lots of airlines that will offer connecting routes through Singapore (SIN), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Brisbane (BNE), Sydney (SYD) or Melbourne (MEL). Usually Virgin Australia, Malaysia Airlines, Jetstar, Air New Zealand, Qantas, and Singapore Airlines fly these services.
Sign up for Skyscanner’s price alerts so you can be notified whenever there’s a bargain to be had on this route, so you can spend less on your flight and more on your holiday.
Adelaide Airport (ADL) information
· All private and public transport links are connected to Adelaide Airport’s main terminal, where all flights from this hub depart from.
· Getting to Adelaide Airport shouldn’t take more than about half an hour all told. You can reach it in a few ways; the first is by taxi, and from the city centre this should cost about $20-25. Next is the Airport City Shuttle, a service that can pick you up from your house and ferry you to the airport for $10 per person. Lastly, there is the JetExpress, the city’s bus service, where you can use your Metrocard, or pay about $4 for a ticket.
· Adelaide Airport (ADL) has enough facilities to keep you amused while you wait to board; including a variety of eateries, duty-free shopping and wireless internet. For practical needs, there is an information desk, a bureau de change, plus ATMs at your disposal.
· Hong Kong International Airport (HKG) is renowned for its excellent amenities for travelling passengers. You can wander through designer retailers, duty-free stores, and gift shops, eat in fine dining restaurants or fast food outlets, drink cocktails in fancy bars, or sip a cappuccino in one of the coffee kiosks. There is free WiFi access throughout the airport, tons of ATMs, excellent transport links, and even an IMAX theatre to keep you entertained if you have some time to kill.
· Flying from Adelaide means departing from their main terminal. On the other side in Hong Kong, you are likely to fly into Terminal B.
Time difference from Adelaide to Hong Kong
· Hong Kong can be 1.5-2.5 hours behind Adelaide depending on the time of year, make sure you check the time difference before you fly.
· October through to December is the best time of year to visit Hong Kong, when the weather sees highs of 24-28°C and lows of 12-19°C. Summers (June-August) will see the humidity rise, a fair amount of seasonal downpours, and it’s not uncommon for the mercury to level out at 31°C. March to May isn’t a bad time to visit either, but with summer coming, the weather isn’t as cool or as dry as the autumn and winter seasons.
Expect to pay
· Hong Kong is more expensive than Adelaide, except when it comes to dining; the city’s foodie scene is almost 30% cheaper than that of Adelaide’s.
· A coffee in this busy city will come to about 34HKD ($6).
Transportation to city centre
· Taking a taxi from Hong Kong’s international airport can be pretty pricey, expect a journey to come to around 190-390HKD ($35-70).
· There is the Airport Express train that runs directly into the city, but if you are carrying a lot of baggage or travelling with children, you might prefer to organise an airport transfer to meet you on arrival.
· Hiring a car is also possible, either from the rental agencies within the airport itself, or with Skyscanner’s car hire search tool.
Mode of payment
· Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
· Most places will accept major credit and debit cards, but it is worth carrying some cash around for the night markets, and smaller stalls.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of June 2016
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.