What can I do in Koh Samui?
Spend time on the beaches of Koh Samui. Indulge in watersports at Chaweng Beach, then duck into the beach bars, restaurants and music venues to make the most of this stretch of sand. Visit Cheong Mon Beach for a quieter scene, and swim in the calm waters protected by the sheltering bay. For a change of scenery, why not trek to the beautiful Na Muang waterfalls? Or visit Wat Phra Yai, set on the highest point of the island.
Koh Phangan is nearby, and is famous for its Full Moon Party, or book a trip out to Koh Tao, known for its incredible dive sites. Read more about the island of Koh Samui with Skyscanner’s travel guide.
What airlines fly to Koh Samui?
- Qantas, Cathay Pacific, Thai Airways, Malaysia Airlines, Bangkok Airways, SilkAir and Singapore Airlines all operate flights to Koh Samui from Australia.
When is the best time to book?
- Flights to Thailand are best booked 25 weeks in advance for a chance at the cheapest fares.
What are the visa requirements?
- Australian travellers do not need a visa to enter Thailand if they are going for 30 days or less. Check the Smart Traveller site page on Thailand for more details.
How long is the flight to Koh Samui?
- Adelaide to Koh Samui – 11.5 hours
- Brisbane to Koh Samui – 11.5 hours
- Melbourne to Koh Samui – 11 hours
- Perth to Koh Samui – 9.5 hours
- Sydney to Koh Samui – 12 hours
When is the best time to visit Koh Samui?
- Koh Samui enjoys an average yearly temperature of 28°C. Aim to book your flights between December to June for the driest days on the island.
What are the average costs in Koh Samui?
- A cappuccino in Koh Samui costs approximately 65THB ($2.55).
- The currency is in Thai Baht (THB).
What airport will I arrive at?
- Samui Airport is the primary hub for the island of Koh Samui, and it has 1 terminal. This airport has WiFi access, premier lounges, restaurants, shopping outlets, and a spa.
How to get from the airport to town?
- A taxi from Samui Airport to various resort destinations on the island run from about 500 to 1200THB ($19-47).
- You can also take buses to different towns across Koh Samui.
Any useful tips?
- Keep in mind that when visiting temples you will be expected to dress more modestly than you would on the beach. Rule of thumb is to keep your shoulders and knees covered.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2017
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near Koh Samui / Samui Island
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.