Flight search is easier on the app.
What can I do in Tasmania?
Head to Hobart, and tour Salamanca Place, built by convicts in the mid 19th century, see the Mona Museum and Art Gallery, and then visit Port Arthur, the famed ruins of an old convict site.
Spend time in national parks, like Mount Field, where you can see Lake Dobson, or hike Mount Wellington and tour the beaches of the eastern Freycinet National Park. Read more about Tasmania on Skyscanner and we will show you the best this state has to offer, from food guides to camping guides.
What airlines fly to Tasmania?
When is the best time to book?
- Flights should be booked roughly 5 months in advance for the best chance at finding a cheap fare.
How long is the flight to Tasmania?
- Adelaide to Tasmania – 4 hours
- Brisbane to Tasmania – 2.5 hours
- Melbourne to Tasmania – 1 hour
- Sydney to Tasmania – 1.5-2 hours
When is the best time to visit Tasmania?
- Summer is the recommended time to see Tasmania, when highs are around 20-24°C.
What are the average costs in Tasmania?
- A cappuccino in Tasmania typically costs $4.25.
- The currency is in Australian Dollars (AUD).
What airport will I arrive at?
How to get from the airport to town?
- A taxi from Hobart Airport into Hobart central will cost about $65, and from Launceston Airport to Launceston CBD is about $40.
Any useful tips?
- Make sure you pack layers, and a waterproof, as the weather in Tasmania is very temperamental.