Cheap Flights to Saudi Arabia
Flights to Saudi Arabia
As one of the most important countries to the Islamic world, and a huge global player, Saudi Arabia is a fascinating place. With a striking desert landscape, a gorgeous coastline that runs along the Red Sea, there is lots of beauty to be found here. And then there are the cities that have history paved into their streets, and the future soaring into the air in the form of skyscrapers. Come to Saudi Arabia, and you will be rewarded in more ways than you’ll be able to count.
Things to do in Saudi Arabia
Within Riyadh, you can tour the National Museum and browse artefacts from the history of this nation. There is also the Al Musmak Castle, the huge expanse of gardens and pools in Al Maktaba Park. You can also indulge your shopping instincts by heading to the renowned Kingdom Centre, an enormous building that houses a comprehensive mall where you can buy almost anything.
Though Saudi Arabia is primarily desert, the parts of it that aren’t are extraordinarily beautiful, and even the desert is surprising in its stark majesty. Visit the remarkable Madain Saleh, home to the Nabatean Tombs, and right near the beautiful oasis town of Al-Ula, where emerald trees seem in contrast to the arid mountains that surround the town.
Then swap desert sands for coastal ones, and head to the Farasan Islands. Here, you can luxuriate in the gorgeous beaches, and enjoy the sapphire waters, all while taking advantage of some of the world’s best diving locations. Al Lith is also famous for underwater excursions, where the coral seabed provides a kaleidoscope of colour.
For wildlife, you can find it in the Asir National Park, where you can camp, hike, and spot cheeky monkeys hiding in the trees.
Best time to visit Saudi Arabia
· Saudi Arabia has an arid, hot climate, and generally you’ll find the temperatures here are very high. In the summer, prepare yourself for days reaching 45°C, but at night, and in winter, the mercury can sink to temperatures as low as 10°C.
· The best time of year to go is between September to March, when the days sit at around 20-23°C.
· Be aware that the city of Mecca is full to bursting during Hajj, and unless you are going to this particular pilgrimage, it is best to avoid the country during this time as the prices, and the crowds, skyrocket.
Flights to Saudi Arabia
· No matter which city you fly out of in Australia, you will need to stop at least once on the way. Typically this will be in Singapore (SIN), Doha (DOH), Dubai (DXB), or Abu Dhabi (AUH).
· The airlines that service destinations within Saudi Arabia are Emirates, Etihad Airways, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, Sri Lankan, Saudia, Malaysia Airlines, and Qantas.
· Saudi Arabian Riyal (SAR).
· You will need a visa to travel to Saudi Arabia, and there is a special process if you are applying for a Pilgrim visa for Hajj. For more information, and details on how to apply, and what you’ll need, please visit the Smart Traveller portal, and refer to its dedicated page on travel to Saudi Arabia.
Please note that information is correct as of December 2016
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.