What can I do in Paris?
The best way to see Paris is by walking along the banks of the River Seine. This artery that runs through the city is where you can find most of the city’s attractions, such as the Notre Dame, the Bastille, the Louvre, the Champs-Élysées, and of course, the iconic Eiffel Tower.
Enjoy the gardens, museums, and fabulous shopping opportunities during the day, and the fine dining, and bars in the evening. Outside of the city, you can book a trip to the glorious Palace of Versailles. Read more about the things to do in Paris here.
What airlines fly to Paris?
- Airlines operating code-share and connecting flights to Paris from Australia include Qatar Airways, Air France, Etihad Airways, Vietnam Airlines, Air China, Qantas, and Singapore Airlines among others.
When is the best time to book?
- Flights to Europe are usually at the cheapest roughly 25 weeks before your intended travel. Skyscanner has a guide on how to book last minute flights if you don’t have that much time before you plan to travel.
What are the visa requirements?
- France issues Australian travellers a 90-day stay on arrival, but we recommend that you check the latest restrictions for this country prior to travel.
How long is the flight to Paris?
- Adelaide to Paris – 23-24 hours
- Brisbane to Paris – 24 hours
- Melbourne to Paris – 23-24 hours
- Perth to Paris – 21-23 hours
- Sydney to Paris – 24-25 hours
When is the best time to visit Paris?
- Summers are the most popular time to visit when the temperatures are 25°C, but the autumn season is still warm, seeing highs of 20°C, and is a lot less crowded.
What are the average costs in Paris?
- A cappuccino in Paris costs approximately 3.45EUR ($5.20).
- The currency is in Euros (EUR).
What airport will I arrive at?
- There are three major airports in Paris; Orly Airport (ORY), Beauvais Airport (BVA), and the Paris Charles de Gualle Airport (CDG). Most travellers from Australia will be diected to the Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, as this is the major international hub for the city.
- All airports offer access to WiFi, cash machines, currency exchange, food and drink outlets, duty-free shopping, and information desks.
How to get from the airport to town?
- Taxi fares are around 40-60EUR ($60-90) from Orly Airport or Charles de Gaulle Airport, and about 120EUR ($180) from Beauvais Airport.
- Public transportation links include rail, bus, and shuttle services.
Any useful tips?
- It is often cheaper to stand at a bar and have your coffee than to sit down, as usually taking a seat will incur an extra charge.
- You are not typically expected to tip because usually service is included, double-check the bill to make sure.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of October 2017
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near Paris
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.