Flight search is easier on the app.
What can I do in London?
London is the perfect city for every type of tourist. History buffs can spend their time touring the Tower of London, spotting royals at Buckingham Palace, or watch the clock strike on Big Ben’s famous face.
Culture vultures can tour the Natural History Museum, the V & A, the National Portrait Gallery, and the iconic Tate Modern. Shopaholics meanwhile, can spend their days ducking into the shops of Carnaby, Oxford Street, Sloane Square, Knightsbridge, and Camden.
Foodies and theatre lovers alike can find plenty around the streets of the West End and Soho, where legendary theatres, and equally renowned restaurants litter the pavements. Of course, you can simply hop on the famed red tour bus, sit top-deck and get to know the whole city, from its dungeons, castles, and moats, to its towers, bridges and parks.
What airlines fly to London?
- Qantas, Etihad, Qatar Airways, Thai Airways, China Southern, British Airways, Emirates, Virgin Australia, and Singapore Airlines offer connecting routes to London.
When is the best time to book?
- For long-haul flights book 8 months in advance to secure the cheapest flights. If you don’t have that much time, see our guide page on how to find the best flight deals.
What are the visa requirements for London ?
- Australian passport holders do not need to apply for a visa to enter United Kingdom. Please visit the Smart Traveller website for the latest information on entry requirements.
How long is the flight?
- From the west coast of Australia, flights are typically 21 hours. From the east coast they are typically 23 hours. Be aware that this journey will involve one or two layovers.
When is the best time to visit London?
- Peak season is the summer (June-August), when the weather is at its driest, and the temperature is typically 20°C. Christmas is also a peak season, with cold temperatures of 4°C.
- Shoulder seasons are cheaper and still pleasant, with average temperatures between 6-18°C.
What are the average costs in London?
- The currency is British Pounds (GBP)
- The average cost of a coffee in the city of London is 2.60GBP ($4.30).
What is the likely arrival airport?
- London Heathrow Airport and London Gatwick Airport are the airports you will likely fly into. Both airports are fully equipped with currency exchange, ATMs, shops, restaurants, and free WiFi.
How to get from airport to the city centre?
- Both airports have train and bus connections into the city, with London Heathrow also supplying access to the underground network.
- A taxi from London Heathrow costs 80GBP ($138) and takes 30-60 minutes.
- A taxi from London Gatwick costs upwards of 100GBP ($173) and takes over 1 hour.
Any useful tips?
- Get an Oyster Travel Card to move easily around the city.
- Tipping is growing in popularity in the capital, but only in restaurants. 10% is a standard amount to tip.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of July 2017
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near London
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.