What can I do in Santorini?
Santorini is one of Greece’s most picturesque islands, and you should start your stay by touring the gorgeous town of Oia. You can do a spot of shopping, and enjoy the spectacular view from most restaurants and bars. Just be sure to stick around for sunset. Go to nearby Fira, for m
Head to Akrotiri to see the ruins of a historical settlement, and then sunbathe on its striking Red Beach. Spend an afternoon hiking around ancient Thira, and learn about its history in the Archaeological Museum of Fira. Then while away your days on the black sands of Perissa for true relaxation.
What airlines fly to Santorini?
- Book connecting flights to Santorini with Emirates, Lufthansa, Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways, Singapore Airlines, and Aegean Airlines.
When is the best time to book?
- As this flight is long haul, and involves layovers, we recommend that you book 25 weeks in advance for the best crack at cheap fares.
What are the visa requirements?
- Australians do not require a visa to enter, and can stay for up to 3 months. Check conditions of entry on the Smart Traveller advice page on Greece.
How long is the flight to Santorini?
- Adelaide to Santorini – 27 hours
- Brisbane to Santorini – 26 hours
- Melbourne to Santorini – 26 hours
- Perth to Santorini – 24 hours
- Sydney to Santorini – 26 hours
When is the best time to visit Santorini?
- Visit between June and August for assured sunny days of 24-27° Though you’ll find that September to October are still a warm 20-24°C and prices are much lower around this time.
What are the average costs in Santorini?
- A cappuccino in Santorini costs approximately 3EUR ($4.50).
- The currency is in Euro (EUR).
What airport will I arrive at?
- The Santorini (Thira) International Airport is the sole airport serving the island of Santorini. This airport has a duty-free shop, a licensed café and bar, an information desk, and an ATM.
How to get from the airport to town?
- A taxi from Santorini (Thira) International Airport into Fira costs 20EUR ($29).
- Public buses also serve the airport and can take you into the main town.
Any useful tips?
- Tipping is not expected in Athens, but always appreciated. Keep in mind that most restaurants will add a 15% service charge anyway, so double check your bill if you are planning to tip.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2017
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near Santorini (Thira)
Frequently asked questions
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.