Cheap Flights to Iran
Flights to Iran
Iran has a weighty international reputation, which sometimes keeps travellers from booking flights to this illustrious nation, but that is a mistake. Iran is vast, and its terrain is breathtaking, with snow-capped mountain ranges, sparkling lakes, rolling meadows, and long sandy coastlines. Iran’s cities are varied, and charming, with lots to see and do from museum hopping to fine dining. But if that isn’t enough for you, then know that this country was home to the legendary Persian Empire, and the ancient sites that await you here are enough to tantalise any history buff.
Things to do in Iran
You will find yourself in Tehran at the start of your journey in Iran, and there are tons of attractions to set you in good footing for sightseeing across the rest of the country. See the Museum of Iran, with artefacts that chart the history and changing culture of this incredible nation. Make sure you dip into the Grand Bazaar for some world-class shopping, and some enjoyable haggling.
Then book a trip to Yazd, a community nestled between two arid plains, that once served as an oasis for travelling caravans between the two deserts. This is home to Zoroastrian temples, complete with the notorious towers of silence – the ceremonial towers where the dead are left to carrion birds.
Then make a date to see the ruins of the storied and ancient capital of the Persian Empire, Persepolis. This is one of the world’s most impressive archaeological sites, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, this city stood for 200 years before Alexander the Great laid it to waste in 330 BCE. Wander among the age-old avenues of Persepolis, gaze at the carvings of Naqsh-e Rajab, and visit the Nagash-e-Rostam, the necropolis of this early city.
Best time to visit Iran
· Iran is a huge country, and the weather can vary across the nation, but rule of thumb tends to be that from March to May, and September to October you are likely to experience the nicest weather, when the days tend to fall between 15 and 30°C.
· For skiing, you will want to visit in the winter months, and expect the days to be around 0 to -3°C.
Flights to Iran
· When travelling to Iran, you are likely to fly into the Imam Khomeini International Airport (IKA) in Tehran. However, there is another prominent aviation facility in the city of Mashhad, called the Masshad International Airport (MHD).
· Though you can fly from any point in Australia, the major cities will offer journeys with less layovers. You will be subject to at least one, possibly two, in cities like Singapore (SIN), Doha (DOH), and Dubai (DXB).
· Fly to Iran with carriers like Emirates, Singapore Airlines, Qatar Airways, Vietnam Airlines, Air India, Oman Air, and Qantas.
· Iranian Rial (IRR).
· You will have to apply for a visa when organising travel to Iran. For details on how to contact the Iranian Embassy or Consulate, any associated fees or requirements, please go to the Foreign Affairs Department travel advice website Smart Traveller, and see their page on Iran.
Please note that information is correct as of December 2016
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.