What can I do in Bali?
Bali is one of the most popular of Indonesia’s 17,000 islands. Tour Denpasar first, you can see several important historical buildings, such as the Taman Ujung Water Palace, a temple set among water gardens, or there is the Bajra Sandhi Monument.
See the impressive Mount Batur, which offers a challenging hike, or visit Ubud, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. There are beaches for every type of traveller, like Sanur for seclusion, Kuta for the surf, Jungut Batu for views, and Pemuteran for families.. Read Skyscanner’s guide on the best things to do in Bali.
What airlines fly to Bali?
- Popular airline carriers that fly to Bali are Virgin Australia, Qantas, Jetstar, AirAsia, Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Indonesia Asia, and Indonesia AirAsia X.
When is the best time to book?
- Flights to Bali should be booked 25 weeks in advance. Of course, we have lots of helpful hints and advice if you have to book last minute
What are the visa requirements?
- Australians can enter Indonesia for 30 days without a visa. Check the latest conditions at the Smart Traveller page on Indonesia.
How long is the flight to Bali?
- Adelaide to Bali – 5 hours
- Brisbane to Bali – 6.5 hours
- Melbourne to Bali – 6 hours
- Perth to Bali – 3.5 hours
- Sydney to Bali – 6.5 hours
When is the best time to visit Bali?
- Typically should organise your trip for May, June or September, where temperatures sit at about 26-27°C, and the weather is dry.
What are the average costs in Bali?
- A cappuccino on Bali costs approximately 27,000IDR ($2.70).
- The currency is in Indonesian Rupiah (IDR).
What airport will I arrive at?
- The island of Bali is served by the Ngurah Rai International Airport (Denpasar). Cash machines, currency exchange booths, shops, restaurants, and free WiFi.
How to get from the airport to town?
- The average cost of a taxi will depend on where you are going on the island, but expect prices to run between 45,000-195,000IDR ($4.5-19).
Any useful tips?
- Indonesia is fairly conservative in comparison to western countries, so dress modestly when visiting temples or mosques.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near Bali (Denpasar)
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.