Cheap Flights to Cyprus
Flights to Cyprus
Cyprus is a large island in the Mediterranean situated between the fabled nations of Greece and Turkey, and as a result is a trove of ancient treasures that would excite any budding historian. Beyond its archeological highlights, are the sparkling sapphire waters, the gentle sandy shores, and the mountainous terrain that populate the rest of this lovely island.
Things to do in Cyprus
Start your journey through time by starting at the beginning, or rather, the most ancient sites of Cyprus. Find your way to Kourion, teetering along a cliff’s edge, this UNESCO listed complex that houses a remarkable Greco-Roman amphitheatre, baths adorned with mosaics, a forum, a basilica, and a temple dedicated to Apollo. Then there is ancient Salamis thought to be even older than Kourian, and believed to be the capital of this island over 3000 years ago. Today the site is made up of marble columns, and the remains of Byzantine churches. Make sure you visit the Cyprus Museum to learn the history of this island, and the kingdoms that ruled it.
You’ll discover that there are also medieval sites all over Cyprus; from the Castle of Kolossi to the old Crusader outpost of St. Hilarion, you can tread the steps of men and women that lived and breathed hundreds of years before you were born.
In the present though, you can enjoy the lively and picturesque towns of laid back Lanarca, or the chic coastal Kyrenia. Or for lively cafes, and a ton of bars that look out to the bright blue sea, Ayia Napa is your best bet.
As for the beaches, you can find stretches on every side of this island, but for the best of the best, there is Nissi Beach in Ayia Napa that promises the soft white sands and turquoise waters you picture when you close your eyes and dream of a Mediterranean holiday, or there is the lovely Coral Bay on Paphos, one of the most family friendly beaches on the island.
Best time to visit Cyprus
· For beach holidays, the summer months of June, July and August are ideal. The weather is warm and dry, and daily temperatures are about 25-30°C.
· To skip some of the influx of sun-seekers, you should book your trip in September or May, when the days still see highs of 20-22°C, but the prices, and the crowds, are substantially lower.
· Winters are the low season, and many establishments slow down, or close during this time. Though if you are interested in the hiking, this is still a pleasant time to travel.
Flights to Cyprus
· Cyprus is a long-haul flight that will be subject to at least one layover, and in some cases two. From major cities in Australia, you will be diverted through cities like Doha (DOH), Bangkok (BKK) or Kuala Lumpur (KUL) on your way to this island nation.
· Fly to Cyprus with carriers like Aegean Airlines, Emirates, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian Airlines, Thai Airways, Etihad Airways, Malaysian Airlines, El Al, Arkia, and Gulf Air.
· Euro (EUR).
· Visas are not required for Australian travellers to this country, though it is important to check that these conditions are the same before you travel. Please visit the Smart Traveller Cyprus page for more information.
Please note that information is correct as of December 2016
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.