What can I do in Kochi?
Get to know Kochi through its cultural attractions first, such as the 16th Jewish Synagogue, the opulent Bolgatty Palace, and the Santa Cruz Cathedral Basilica in Fort Kochi. Or tour Marine Drive along the coast, and see the Chinese Fishing Net Bridge. Then spend an afternoon on the golden Cherai Beach.
Outside the city there are the backwaters, a highlight in Kerala. See villages, wildlife, and the jungle landscape whilst relaxing on the deck of a languorous barge. Read about why Kerala is one of the hot travel destinations of 2017 right here.
What airlines fly to Kochi?
- Air India, SilkAir, AirAsia, Singapore Airlines, Malindo Air, Jet Airways, Etihad Airways, Emirates, and Qatar Airways all operate flights to Kochi from Australia.
When is the best time to book?
- Around 6 months before your departure date is best time to book flights to Kochi. If you don’t have the benefit of booking in advance, learn how to save money with Skyscanner’s last minute booking guide.
What are the visa requirements?
- Australian nationals need a visa to travel to India, but are eligible to apply for an e-Visa. For further information, visit the dedication advice page on India at the Smart Traveller portal.
How long is the flight to Kochi?
- Adelaide to Kochi – 16-17 hours
- Brisbane to Kochi – 17-19 hours
- Melbourne to Kochi – 16-20 hours
- Perth to Kochi – 16-18 hours
- Sydney to Kochi – 14 hours
When is the best time to visit Kochi?
- December to February is the best time to visit Kochi, as the weather is dry and average temperatures are 17-33°
What are the average costs in Kochi?
- Buying a cappuccino in Kochi costs 85INR ($1.70).
- The currency is in Indian Rupee (INR).
What airport will I arrive at?
- Cochin International Airport (COK) is the major aviation hub for Kochi. This airport has ATMs, information desks, a pharmacy, a post office, bureau de change counters, restaurants, and duty-free shops.
How to get from the airport into Kochi?
- A taxi from the airport into Kochi will cost you 500-1100INR ($10-22).
- If you want to take public transportation, there are buses running connections into the city.
Any useful tips?
- Bargaining at Indian markets is commonplace, so is haggling over a taxi fare. If the taxi isn’t metered, make sure you agree a price beforehand.
- Dress relatively conservatively, especially if you are visiting temples or mosques.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of September 2017
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near Kochi
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.