What can I do in Ayers Rock?
Ayers Rock, or Uluru, is one of Australia’s most iconic sites, and the star attraction of the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. Visit the cultural centre and learn about the rich Aboriginal culture of this region, go on a guided Mala walk to the Kantju Gorge, and watch the sunset over Uluru itself.
This is one of the top Australian destinations, red more about Uluru, and other fantastic domestic attractions here.
What airlines fly to Ayers Rock?
- Qantas, Jetstar, and Virgin Australia run flights to Ayers Rock from a number of different Australian cities.
When is the best time to book?
- May and November are the cheapest months to travel, but if you’re not travelling those months, then we recommend that you book 5 months ahead of when you plan to fly.
How long is the flight to Ayers Rock?
- Alice Springs to Ayers Rock – 45 minutes
- Cairns to Ayers Rock – 2.5 hours
- Melbourne to Ayers Rock – 2.5 hours
- Sydney to Ayers Rock – 3 hours
When is the best time to visit Ayers Rock?
- May to September is the recommended time to visit Uluru, when the weather is a more temperate 28°
What is the currency in Ayers Rock?
- The currency is in Australian Dollars (AUD).
What airport will I arrive at?
- Ayers Rock Airport (AYQ), also known as Connellan Airport, is the only airport linking this remote UNESCO-listed destination to the rest of Australia. This airport is a single terminal facility with access to WiFi, a small café, and a newsagency.
How to get from the airport to town?
- The resorts run complimentary shuttles from the airport into town, these are the main form of transportation.
Any useful tips?
- You’ll need to purchase a pass to access the national park, but visitors under 16 get in for free!
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of October 2017
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near Connellan
Frequently asked questions
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.