What can I do in Alice Springs?
Alice Springs is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Australia, thanks to its access to several glorious national parks that define the Red Centre. Visit the West MacDonnell National Park and see the Simpsons Gap, the iconic gorge. You can also go to the Finke Gorge and Watarrka National Parks.
In the town itself, hit up the Araluen Cultural Precinct for their galleries, visit the Royal Flying Doctor Service or the Alice Springs Telegraph Station to learn about the town, and don’t forget Alice Springs Desert Park. Get excited for your trip by reading about The Ghan, the iconic railway journey through the Outback.
What airlines fly to Alice Springs?
When is the best time to book?
- Alice Springs is a popular destination, so try to book around 5 months in advance if you want the best prices.
How long is the flight to Alice Springs?
- Adelaide to Alice Springs – 2 hours
- Brisbane to Alice Springs – 3 hours
- Melbourne to Alice Springs – 3 hours
- Perth to Alice Springs – 3 hours
- Sydney to Alice Springs – 3 hours
When is the best time to visit Alice Springs?
- Alice Springs has an arid desertous climate, with summer days at 20-35°C, but with the ability to rise to 40°C. Winters are about 5-20°C during the day, and about 0°C at night.
What are the average costs in Alice Springs?
- A cappuccino in Alice Springs costs approximately $4.50
- The currency is in Australian Dollars (AUD).
What airport will I arrive at?
- The Alice Springs Airport serves the Alice Springs community, and has one main terminal. There is free WiFi here, as well as ATMs, a post office, a licensed café, a newsagency and a gift shop.
How to get from the airport to town?
- A taxi from Alice Springs Airport into town will cost you about $30.
- There is also a shuttle bus service that is scheduled to the flight timetable.
Any useful tips?
- If you’re spending the day in a national park, make sure you bring lots of water, layers, snacks, sunscreen, and DEET spray for all eventualities.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2017
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near Alice Springs
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.